The original owner of the Ralph Hall farm achieved prominence early in the history of Carrington. He arrived in 1880 as a surveyor, and by 1883 the railroad had arrived. In 1884 Hall was elected Sheriff and in 1890 he began serving in the state legislature. He became Indian Agent at Fort Totten in 1893. The barn was built in 1898, and the house in 1910 both under the direction of Henry Carroll. The house, barn, and garage were entered into the National Register of Historic Places 1987-10-01.