The O.Pierson farmstead was a "catalog house" ordered from the Gordon Vantine Company in Davenport, Iowa in 1923 by Ralph Pierson. The Arts and Crafts style of the house was popular in North Dakota at that time. Ralph's son Orville began running the family farm in 1950. Since the catalog house came already equipped with electrical wiring, when Baker Electric Cooperative, Inc. ran its first transmission lines between Harlow and Balta and then the second line to York it was a simple matter to hook the home up to electricity. The lights first went on in the Pierson home 1937-11-24. The home was entered into the National Register of Historic Places 1985-08-29.