Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Norwegian Lutheran Church, Fargo, N.D.
Norwegian Lutheran Church, Fargo, N.D.
TitleNorwegian Lutheran Church, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1908?
DescriptionColor postcard of church with a steeple rising from the corner of the building. The building has an open porch entryway. Several houses are visible next to the church. Located at 400 Roberts Street.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectReligion
Art & Architecture
Subject (LCTGM)Churches
Houses
Steeples
Lutheran churches
Subject (LCSH)Norwegian Americans
Organization NameFirst Lutheran Church (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - Roberts Street - 400 block
Fargo (N.D.) - 4th Avenue N. - 600 block
Fargo (N.D.) - Roberts Street
Fargo (N.D.) - 4th Avenue N.
Decade1900-1909
Item Number2006.46.30
Format of OriginalPostcards
Color postcards
Color images
Dimensions of Original9 x 14 cm.
Transcription"Dear friend Beat. How all the girl went to church this morning, what do you know about that. is gertrude still there. Hope so. Anna". Postmarked from [?] & Spok. Sep. 1908, tr.1. Addressed to Miss Beatrice Lisk, Dickinson, ND.
NotesTitle printed on front of postcard.
Photographer unknown.
ContributorHancock Bros. (Fargo, N.D.)
Contributor RoleArchitect
Biography/HistoryThe building was first built as a church building for the First Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church, cornerstone being laid, May 26, 1895. It was designed by the Hancock Brothers. It served as the church until 1919, when the First Lutheran Church was build on Broadway and the congregation moved. After this the building was the site of the O. J. Hanson Funeral Home, and later renovated into a business facility called the Mark Building. The building was torn down in September 2008.
Bibliographic ReferenceFirst Lutheran Church Centennial, 1872-1972, pg. 4
"Corner Stone Services." Fargo Forum & Daily Republican, May 25, 1895, pg. 1
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionJohn Caron's Fargo, N.D. Photograph Collection 2006
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/936
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2006.46.30)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs000041
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^