Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Mark Building, Fargo, N.D.
Mark Building, Fargo, N.D.
TitleMark Building, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1969?
DescriptionTwo story building at 400 Roberts Street, with sign above the front door stating "Mark Building". There are other signs visible for "Fargo Branch N. Dak. Motor Vehicle Dept.", "Autos, Trucks, Motorcycles, Trailers, Registration & Titles - Notary Public", another sign at the buildings side enterence states "Antiques", and there is a stand alone sign for Thune Photography. There is a man walking on the sidewalk in front of the building.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectArt & Architecture
Business & Industry
Subject (LCTGM)Buildings
Antique stores
Churches
Lutheran churches
Organization NameNorth Dakota. Motor Vehicle Dept.
Thune Photography (Fargo, N.D.)
Mark Building (Fargo, N.D.)
First Lutheran Church (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - Roberts Street - 400 block
Fargo (N.D.) - Roberts Street
Decade1960-1969
Item Number2054.15.239
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original9 x 12 cm.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Photographer unknown.
ContributorHancock Bros. (Fargo, N.D.)
Contributor RoleArchitect
Biography/HistoryThe building was first built as a church building for the First Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church, cornerstone being laid, May 26, 1895. It was designed by the Hancock Brothers. It served as the church until 1919, when the First Lutheran Church was build on Broadway and the congregation moved. After this the building was the site of the O. J. Hanson Funeral Home, and later renovated into a business facility called the Mark Building. The building was torn down in September 2008.
Bibliographic ReferenceFirst Lutheran Church Centennial, 1872-1972, pg. 4
"Corner Stone Services." Fargo Forum & Daily Republican, May 25, 1895, pg. 1
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionOscar Forness Photograph Collection 2054
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/991
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2054.15.239)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs000040
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^