Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Excavation for the Lincoln Mutual Life building, Fargo, N.D.
Excavation for the Lincoln Mutual Life building, Fargo, N.D.
TitleExcavation for the Lincoln Mutual Life building, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1955-09-20
DescriptionSnapshot showing a backhoe digging the foundation of the Lincoln Mutual Life building. The backhoe has Emery Excavating Co. painted on it. It appears to be dumping dirt into the back of a dump truck. Two men are visible standing in the background. Also visible in the background it the First Presbyterian Church building. View likely taken on the day of groundbreaking, September 20, 1955.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectBusiness & Industry
Work life
Subject (LCTGM)Digging
Excavation
Construction
Construction equipment
Dump trucks
Presbyterian churches
Organization NameLincoln Mutual Life & Casualty Insurance (Fargo, N.D.)
First Presbyterian Church (Fargo, N.D.)
Emery Excavating Co. (Moorhead, Minn.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - 2nd Avenue N.
Fargo (N.D.) - 2nd Avenue N. - 700 block
Decade1950-1959
Item Number51.234.1
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Snapshots
Dimensions of Original9 x 12 cm.
Transcription"OCT 1955" - stamped on top of print.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Photographer unknown.
Snapshot with other images taken on the day of groundbreaking, September 20, 1955.
Biography/HistoryThe Lincoln Mutual Life & Casualty Insurance Co. building was designed by Harold Bechtel, architect. The general contractors were J. E. Krieg & Sons, Sornsin Co., and Reger Electric Construction Co. Ground was broken on September 20, 1955. In 1995, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota moved into the building. NDSU took over the building in 2007 to house the Department of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. A level was added to the top of the building, and it was completely renovated. In October 2008, Klai Hall was dedicated.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo, N.D. Photograph Collection 51
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (51.234.1)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs007292
Original SourcePhotograph
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^