Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Lincoln Mutual Life building groundbreaking, Fargo, N.D.
Lincoln Mutual Life building groundbreaking, Fargo, N.D.
TitleLincoln Mutual Life building groundbreaking, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1955-09-20
DescriptionFive men and one young girl standing around as two men break ground with shovels.
Ordering InformationConsult:
General SubjectBusiness & Industry
Subject (LCTGM)Ground breaking ceremonies
Insurance companies
Business people
Organization NameLincoln Mutual Life & Casualty Insurance (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - 2nd Avenue N.
Fargo (N.D.) - 2nd Avenue N. - 700 block
Item Number51.234.5
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original12 x 9 cm.
Transcription"OCT 1955" - stamped on top of print.
"Ground was broken Tuesday for the new home office building of the Lincoln Mututal Life & Casualty Insurance Co. Officials shown taking part in the ceremonies are (left to right) C. C. Koltes, president; Lloyd Krieg, contractor; H. B. Kennelly, vice president; A. J. Jensen, insurance commissioner for North Dakota and Harold Bechtel, architect. In the center is Wendy Lee Peters, Jensen's five-year-old granddaughter." - caption with photograph published in the Fargo Forum & Daily Republican, September 21, 1955, p. 6.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Photographer unknown.
Snapshot with other images taken on the day of groundbreaking, September 20, 1955.
Biography/HistoryThe Lincoln Mutual Life & Casualty Insurance Co. building was designed by Harold Bechtel, architect. The general contractors were J. E. Krieg & Sons, Sornsin Co., and Reger Electric Construction Co. Ground was broken on September 20, 1955. In 1995, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota moved into the building. NDSU took over the building in 2007 to house the Department of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. A level was added to the top of the building, and it was completely renovated. In October 2008, Klai Hall was dedicated.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo, N.D. Photograph Collection 51
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (51.234.5)
Digital IDrs007293
Original SourcePhotograph
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^