Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Fargo policemen by their motorcycles in front of Fargo Cycle Service Co.
Fargo policemen by their motorcycles in front of Fargo Cycle Service Co.
TitleFargo policemen by their motorcycles in front of Fargo Cycle Service Co.
Date of Original1930-1934
DescriptionThree policemen in uniform stand behind their Harley Davidson motorcycles in front of the Fargo Cycle Service Co. Various signs over large front doors and other Harley-Davidson signs and notices are visible. One sign is for Doc's Parcel Delivery.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectBusiness & Industry
Transportation
Law
Subject (LCTGM)Motorcycles
Signs (Notices)
Police
Maintenance & repair
Advertisements
Subject (LCSH)Harley-Davidson motorcycle
Personal NameGardner, Foster J.
Lohn, Lars
Hansen, Leland C.
Helmerson, Mons B.
Organization NameFargo Cycle Service Co.
Fargo (N.D.). Police Dept.
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - Main Avenue
Fargo (N.D.) - Main Avenue - 1200 block
Decade1930-1939
Item Number51.42.1
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original12 x 16 cm.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Photographer unknown.
"Members of the Fargo Police Motorcycle squad in the thirties. L to R: Mons Helmerson, Lars [Lohn], Henry Hagen (?), Doc [Foster J.] Gardner (shop owner), Lee Hanson [Leland Hansen]. Location is the present site of Dakota Plate Glass"--Label with print in file Mss 1970.35.1.
Similar to image 51.42.2 (RS-1-05228).
Biography/HistoryThe Fargo Cycle Service Co. appears in the 1930 to 1934 city directories at the Front St. (now Main Avenue) address. Foster J. (Doc) Gardner was the initial owner with Lars Lohn listed as taking over in the 1936 directory. In 1927 directory, this address was listed as Doc's Parcel Delivery & Baggage Transfer. By 1940 another firm is located at this address.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo, N.D. Photograph Collection 51
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/archives/collections-institute/photography/holdings/fargo-photograph-holdings
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU (51.42.1)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs000669
Original SourcePhotographic print
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^