Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Interior of W.W. Reyleck Company grocery department, Grafton, N.D.
Interior of W.W. Reyleck Company grocery department, Grafton, N.D.
TitleInterior of W.W. Reyleck Company grocery department, Grafton, N.D.
Date of Originalbetween 1910 and 1916
DescriptionInterior of grocery store showing merchandise displays, including canned goods, candy, Jello, Crisco, coffee and tea. On the back wall of the room are two large signs. The one on the left states "Monogram Canned Goods are the finest selections of all food products packed in the most perfect manner strictly fancy in all but the price. Try them". The sign in the right states "For daily use we recommend above all other the University Brand canned and package food propositions. Through high quality and moderate cost they represent the truest table economy. See our display".
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectBusiness & Industry
Subject (LCTGM)Grocery stores
Canned foods
Coffee
Candy
Merchandise displays
Banners
Interiors
Organization NameW. W. Reyleck Co. (Grafton, N.D.)
LocationGrafton (N.D.)
Walsh County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1910-1919
Item NumberFolio 106.1.5
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original30 x 36 cm.
Publisher of OriginalBall & Knudson (Grafton, N.D.)
Place of PublicationGrafton (N.D.)
Transcription"Grocery Department of W.W. Reyleck store when Al Driscoll managed it." - handwritten on front of photograph.
"Al Driscoll, Grafton, No. Dak." and " Opened Oct. 20, 1916" - handwritten on back of photograph.
"Grocery Department of W.W. Reyleck store when Al Driscoll managed it. Located in a frame building on the southeast corner of Hill and 5th, presently occupied by Valley Music in a later built brick building." - caption with image published in A 100 Year Look At Grafton, North Dakota, 1882-1982, p. 166.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionGrafton, N.D. Photograph Collection 2101
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/8537
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (Folio 106.1.5)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs006150
Original SourcePhotograph
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^