Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Dedication of Pioneer Cemetery Marker by the Daughters of the American Revolution, Dacotah Chapter, near Fargo, N.D.
Dedication of Pioneer Cemetery Marker by the Daughters of the American Revolution, Dacotah Chapter, near Fargo, N.D.
TitleDedication of Pioneer Cemetery Marker by the Daughters of the American Revolution, Dacotah Chapter, near Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1929-09-28
CreatorAnderson, David, 1883-1962
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionMarion Jane Moon and James Eaton Dixon, unveiling Daughters of the American Revolution marker at the Holy Cross Mission Cemetery, south of Fargo, N.D. Plaque on marker states "In Memory of Pioneers 1861-1881 this spot is marked by Dacotah Chapter D.A.R. 1929". The two children are holding an American flag. Other people are visible standing in the background.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectSocial Life & Customs
Landmarks
Subject (LCTGM)Cemeteries
Monuments & memorials
Plaques
Boys
Girls
Dedications
Personal NameMoon, Marian Jane
Dixon, James Eaton
Organization NameHoly Cross Mission (Wild Rice, N.D.)
LocationStanley (N.D. : Township)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Wild Rice (N.D.)
Decade1920-1929
Item Number2023.47.3
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original22 x 27 cm.
TranscriptionThe dedication of the pioneer marker at the Mission of Holy Cross Cemetery, took place on September 28, 1929 by the Daughters of the American Revolution, Dacotah Chapter. It is located in Section 13, Stanley Township, Cass County, about 6 miles south of Fargo and is the oldest cemetery in Cass County, N.D. The pioneer Catholic mission was established by Father Jean Genin about 1870 and was closed in 1882. Most of the graves at the cemetery were later moved to St. Benedict's Church, Wild Rice, N.D.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
External ResourceProgram for the dedication of pioneer cemetery marker, Sept. 28, 1929. house in the Institute for Regional Studies, Small Collection 467.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionDavid Anderson Photograph Collection 2023
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/912
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2023.47.3)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs006300
Original SourcePhotograph
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^