Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
East side of Pence building at 301 N.P. Avenue, Fargo, N.D.
East side of Pence building at 301 N.P. Avenue, Fargo, N.D.
TitleEast side of Pence building at 301 N.P. Avenue, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1935
DescriptionView of the east and north side of the Pence Automobile Company Warehouse building taken from 3rd Street N. in Fargo, N.D. The building is a three story concrete, brick and glazed tile building in the Classical Revival style. Signs hanging on building states "Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicles". Several automobile are parked on the street in front of the building. Two story brick house located at 66 3rd Street N., visible at right.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectBusiness & Industry
City & Town Life
Subject (LCTGM)Automobile dealerships
Automobiles
Automobile industry
Commercial facilities
Subject (LCSH)Dodge automobile
Brick houses
Subject (AAT)Classical Revival
Organization NamePence Automobile Co. (Fargo, N.D.)
Vincent-Kelly Inc. (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - 3rd Street N.
Fargo (N.D.) - 3rd Street N. - 50-75 block
Decade1930-1939
Item Number2007.0386-02
Negative Number2007.0386-02
Format of OriginalFilm negatives
Dimensions of Original9 x 15 cm.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Photographer unknown.
Biography/History"The Pence Automobile Company warehouse was designed by Long, Lamoreaux, and Long in 1919 at a cost of $125, 000. The architects were well-known for their large government and commercial commissions in Minnesota. In an earlier partnership Long had designed the Minneapolis city hall. The Pense Company building is faced with a cream brick and decorated with glazed terra cotta blocks a the moldings and cornice." - Fargo's Heritage, by Norene A. Roberts, p. 20.
The Pence Automobile Company Warehouse is on the National Register of Historic Places, listed on January 7, 1994.
The 1934 Fargo city directory list the dealership of Vincent-Kelly Inc. at the address 301 N.P. Avenue.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo Homes Photograph Collection 2007
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2007.0386-02)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the Institute for Regional Studies.
Languageeng
Digital IDrs005963
Original SourcePhotograph
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^