Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Bentson-Bunker Fieldhouse, North Dakota State Agricultural College, Fargo, N.D.
Bentson-Bunker Fieldhouse, North Dakota State Agricultural College, Fargo, N.D.
TitleBentson-Bunker Fieldhouse, North Dakota State Agricultural College, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1931?
CreatorAnderson, David, 1883-1962
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionSouthwest facade of large brick fieldhouse building. Likely taken shortly after construction. A man is seated on the steps in front of building.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Universities & colleges
Sports & recreation facilities
Auditoriums
Organization NameBentson-Bunker Fieldhouse (Fargo, N.D.)
North Dakota State University
North Dakota State University - Buildings
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - University Drive North
Fargo (N.D.) - University Drive North - 1300 block
Decade1930-1939
Item NumberMss 48.1.1
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original20 x 29 cm.
Publisher of OriginalAnderson, David, 1883-1962
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/History"Art Moderne; four stories; yellow brick in American bond; south facing projecting front entry is gabled with three-part arcade faced with stylized Art Moderne brick patterns and recessed entry. Brick piers flank front entry and terminate in marble bases. Over the front entry is a large stone plaque inset with a carved stone bison in profile (the mascot from team sports at North Dakota State University). Decorative stone and brick bands run along the top of the second story windows. A decorative zig-zag brick pattern follows below the gable line at the roof. The east and west sides of the building are divided into six bays by brick buttresses dividing each bay into two story-tall arched windows in pairs. Braseth and Houkom, architects." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form - Summer 1982, p. 5)
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionBraseth and Houkom Photograph Collection Mss 48
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/929
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (Mss 48.1.1)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs010803
Original Sourcephotographic print
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^