Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
N.P. Ave. and Broadway, looking south, Fargo, N.D.
N.P. Ave. and Broadway, looking south, Fargo, N.D.
TitleN.P. Ave. and Broadway, looking south, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1900
DescriptionDiagonal view from across street of the Edwards building on the corner of Broadway and N.P. Avenue with Broadway visible to Main Ave. People crossing street and utility poles in view. The Edwards building includes a cupola on the corner above the third story with a clock. In far distance at end of Broadway is the Fargo College building. The business on the corner of the building is the Golden Rule, a dry goods store operated by Elsinger & Co. Luger Furniture building located in the distance.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectCity & Town Life
Business & Industry
Subject (LCTGM)Business districts
Dry goods stores
Cupolas
Clock towers
Commercial streets
Commercial facilities
Utility poles
Awnings
Organization NameEdwards Building (Fargo, N.D.)
Golden Rule (Fargo, N.D.)
Luger Furniture Co. (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - Broadway
Fargo (N.D.) - Broadway - 0-25 block
Fargo (N.D.) - N.P. Avenue
Fargo (N.D.) - N.P. Avenue - 600 block
Decade1900-1909
Item Number51.26.2
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original9 x 13 cm.
Transcription"N.P. Ave & Bwdy looking Soth 1900" - Handwritten on back of cardboard mount.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Photographer unknown.
Biography/HistoryThe Edwards Building at 24-26 Broadway was designed by the Hancock Brothers. The corner stone was laid on May 5, 1900, and named for Major A. W. Edwards by Alex Stern, the building owner. The Bowers Brothers were the contractors responsible for the construction. The first building was destroyed by fire on January 9, 1903. A second Edwards Building replaced the destroyed first.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo, N.D. Photograph Collection 51
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/archives/collections-institute/photography/holdings/fargo-photograph-holdings
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (51.26.2)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs005458
Original SourcePhotograph
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^