Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Dedication of Ten Commandments Monument and urban renewal project, Fargo, N.D.
Dedication of Ten Commandments Monument and urban renewal project, Fargo, N.D.
TitleDedication of Ten Commandments Monument and urban renewal project, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Original1958-03-08
DescriptionView of crowd gathered around a platform decorated in patriotic bunting. On the platform are seated dignitaries, with a man standing by the podium. It appears the man is giving a prayer, with most participants visible with their heads bowed. A color guard is visible to the right of the platform. The Ten Commandments monolith is partially visible at left draped in an American flag. The view is looking east on 2nd Avenue N., near the intersection with 3rd Street.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectSocial Life & Customs
Politics & Government
Subject (LCTGM)Dedications
Monuments
Ground breaking ceremonies
Flags
Podiums
Stages (Platforms)
Government officials
Urban renewal
Public speaking
Prayer
Flag bearers
Organization NameFargo Urban Renewal Agency. Fourth Street (ND R-1) Project.
Fraternal Order of Eagles
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - 2nd Avenue N.
Fargo (N.D.) - 2nd Avenue N. - 300 block
Decade1950-1959
Item Number2007.2129
Negative Number2007.2129
Format of OriginalFilm negatives
Dimensions of Original9 x 15 cm.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Photographer unknown.
Biography/HistoryFargo's 4th Street Urban Renewal Project was dedicated March 8, 1958, in a ceremony attended by, Sen. William Langer; Mayor Herschel Lashkowitz; George H. Wilson, Fargo Eagles vice president; Judge E. J. Ruegemer of St. Cloud, Minn.; Ivan D. Carlson and Stephen Bates, of the Urban Renewal Agency; Francis Schroeder, Eagles Grand Aerie judiciary committee chairman; John W. Hanson, Fargo Aerie president, Earl Stewart, Fargo URA director; Rev. C. Maxwell Brown; Rt. Rev. Msgr. L. J. Arrell; Rev. Nelson F. Preus, and Rabbi A. Krantz. The Ten Commandments Monolith was presented as a gift of the Fargo Aerie of the Fraternal Order of Eagles.
Bibliographic Reference"Eagles Present Huge Monolith At Urban Renewal Dedication", Fargo Forum & Daily Republican, March 9, 1958, p. 1.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo Homes Photograph Collection 2007
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2007.2129)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the Institute for Regional Studies.
Languageeng
Digital IDrs005369
Original SourceNegative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^