Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Minard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College, Fargo, N.D.
Minard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College, Fargo, N.D.
TitleMinard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Originalbetween 1918 and 1929
CreatorAnderson, David, 1883-1962
DescriptionThree story Classical Revival style, Minard Hall on the campus of North Dakota Agricultural College (North Dakota State University). Image shows the building prior to the building of the north wing. A greenhouse is visible in the background left side of the image.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Universities & colleges
Buildings
Subject (LCSH)Building, Brick
Subject (AAT)Classical Revival
Organization NameNorth Dakota State University
North Dakota State University - Buildings
Minard Hall (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1920-1929
Item Number2023.J-32
Negative Number2023.J-32 (8 x 10 glass)
Format of OriginalGlass negatives
Dimensions of Original21 x 26 cm.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/History"Science Hall-Minard (1901, 1917-1918, 1930): Classical Revival. Originally planned to be built in three stages as building funds became available, the south wing was erected in 1901 from plans by William C. Albrant, Fargo. It is two stories above a raised basement, yellow brick American bond, with sandstone trim, red grout, red brick pilasters and beltcourses; and semi-circular bays at the center of each facade. Following the death in 1905 of Albrant the central portion was erected in 1917-1918 from plans by Frederick W. Keith. The 1917-18 addition has a central entry terminating in a gable with returned eaves and a Palladian window. The central entry facing east is flanked with engaged pilasters decorated with an egg and dart motif with pressed metal Roman ionic capitals. It is yellow brick with Bedford stone trim. Science hall was completed in 1930 with the addition of the north wing from plans by William F. Kurke, who generally followed the proportions, seim[sic]-circular bays and details of the original 1901 building." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory, Nomination Form, Summer 1982, pp. 3-4)
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Library, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionDavid Anderson Photograph Collection 2023
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/912
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2023.J-32)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs002842
Original SourceGlass negative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^