Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
de Lendrecie's building, Fargo, N.D.
de Lendrecie's building, Fargo, N.D.
Titlede Lendrecie's building, Fargo, N.D.
Date of Originalbetween 1972-1975
CreatorJennings, Harry
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionView of five story brick de Lendrecie's building with "For Sale" signs in the windows. The store windows appear to be covered. Sign on side of building states "Shop the all new de Lendrecie's West Acres". Automobiles visible driving on Main Avenue in front of building. Sunlight appears to be cresting over top of building.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectBusiness & Industry
City & Town Life
Subject (LCTGM)Commercial facilities
Department stores
Signs (Notices)
Automobiles
Light
Subject (LCSH)Building, Brick
Subject (AAT)Richardsonian Romanesque
Organization NamedeLendrecie's (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - Main Avenue
Fargo (N.D.) - Main Avenue - 600 block
Decade1970-1979
Item Number51.8.30
Format of OriginalGelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original26 x 21 cm.
Publisher of OriginalForum Publishing Company (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Original unfixed photograph discarded.
Biography/History"deLendrecie's Department Store (1894, 1904), 620-624 Main Avenue; Richardsonian-Classical design. Five-story, grey pressed brick and brownstone by St. Louis Pressed Brick Co., buttered red mortar joint, red sandstone trim from Portage Entre, Michigan. First two stories by McMillian and Tenbusch, Duluth architects. Top three floors by Andrew J. O'Shea of Fargo in 1940. Topped with classically-inspired pressed metal cornice and brick and sandstone parapet. Closely associated with Onesine and Eugene deLendrecie, pioneer merchants and founders of one of North Dakota's premier department stores. NRHP status: Placed on Register 22 October 1979." - Fargo's Heritage, by Norene A. Roberts, p. 37.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo, N.D. Photograph Collection 51
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/archives/collections-institute/photography/holdings/fargo-photograph-holdings
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (51.8.30)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs004647
Original SourcePhotograph
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^