Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Horse-drawn grain wagons at the Fullerton elevator
Horse-drawn grain wagons at the Fullerton elevator
TitleHorse-drawn grain wagons at the Fullerton elevator
Date of Originalbetween 1906 and 1910
CreatorPazandak, F. A. (Ferdinand August), 1883-1973
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionFour horse-drawn grain wagons and part of another going up road into elevator to empty grain from wagons. View from back of wagons. Two men standing on entry ramp into elevator.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectAgriculture
Business & Industry
Subject (LCTGM)Carts & wagons
Grain elevators
Grain industry
Horses
Personal NameDickinson, W. E., d. 1956
Pazandak, Joe, d. 1983
Organization NameMarshall-McCartney Co. (Fullerton, N.D.)
LocationFullerton (N.D.)
Dickey County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1900-1909
Item Number2026.42
Negative NumberPazandak 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 in. neg.
Format of OriginalFilm negatives
Gelatin silver prints
Dimensions of Original9 x 15 cm.
Transcription"Prior to 1911. Pazandak Farm hauling grain with horse power. W.E. Dickinson buyer and Joe on the ramp of elevator at Fullerton , N.D. " - Typed note with image by F.A. Pazandak, 1969.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/History"Fullerton 's third elevator was built in 1906 by two Oakes men, A.S. Marshall and F.D. McCartney. It was known for many years as the Marshall-McCartney Elevator. The structure was built west of the O & M [elevator] on the west side of Fullerton 's Main Street. The elevator's office, built adjacent to the driveway and scale, was heated by a pot-bellied stove. There were coal sheds to the west of the main elevator. Also included was the engine house, drive belt tunnel, and a larger building, which housed the feed grinder where farmers could have their custom feed grinding done. The elevator's first manager was W.E. Dickinson who came from Balatin, MN. In 1910 his brother, C.C. Dickinson, came to Fullerton and became manager for a number of years after his brother went to work for the bank." - 1887 - Fullerton - 1987 : a Century of Community , p.97-98.
External ResourceSee also Library of Congress American Memory: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/award97/ndfahtml/paz_home.html
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionF. A. Pazandak Photograph Collection 2026
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/1128
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2026.42)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs003260
Original SourceNegative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^