Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Engineering and Chemistry Buildings, North Dakota Agricultural College
Engineering and Chemistry Buildings, North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleEngineering and Chemistry Buildings, North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Original1908
CreatorBolley, Henry Luke, 1865-1956
Creator RolePhotographer;
DescriptionLooking to the northwest, on the far left is the Engineering Building (South Engineering) and to the right is the Chemistry Building on the North Dakota Agricultural College campus. To the west of the Chemistry Building is the attached greenhouse. In front of the buildings are a grove of trees and a groomed lawn.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Buildings
Trees
Lawns
Greenhouses
Organization NameNorth Dakota State University - Buildings
North Dakota State University - Greenhouses
North Dakota State University - Grounds
Chemistry Building (Fargo, N.D.)
South Engineering (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1900-1909
Item NumberBol.27.1
Negative NumberNeg. 4x6.25b
Dimensions of Original9 x 15 cm.
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Chem "
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryEarly in 1907, $65, 000 was appropriated for the construction of an engineering building. When completed, the structure was a three-story building measuring 80 feet by 90 feet. It contained lecture rooms, laboratories and classrooms for work in subjects ranging from Mechanical Engineering to Freehand Drawing to blue printing to photography. South Engineering was originally connected by a corridor to the Mechanic Arts Building (1893-1993), which was later referred to as the Engineering Laboratories Building. South Engineering was still referred to as the Engineering Building through 1954. With the construction of a new engineering building on the north end of campus, as of 1955, the term South Engineering Building was used. As of 1999, South Engineering housed the Department of Physics. Architectural Information: "Classical Revival, three stories; light brown pressed brick with trim of rough brown sandstone; Palladian window treatment with projecting central entrance pavilion; gable
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionH.L. Bolley Photography Collection
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/4766
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (Bol. 27.1)
Languageeng;
Digital IDbo000086
Original SourceNegative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^