Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
St. Peter Lutheran Church in Minnewaukan, N.D.
St. Peter Lutheran Church in Minnewaukan, N.D.
TitleSt. Peter Lutheran Church in Minnewaukan, N.D.
Date of Original196-?
CreatorBurkum, Lester, 1912-2001
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionA view of the front and side of the St. Peter Church in Minnewaukan, N.D. The church has a large steeple over the main door, and two smaller steeple one on the left side, one on the right. There are stained glass windows, and the main doorway has a staircase.
General SubjectReligion
Subject (LCTGM)Churches
Stained glass
Doors & doorways
Organization NameSt. Peter Lutheran Church (Minnewaukan, N.D.)
LocationMinnewaukan (N.D.)
Benson County (N.D.)
Item NumberS-1020
Format of OriginalSlides
Color images
Dimensions of Original5 x 5 cm.
Transcription"Former Free Church North of Manfred N.D., now St. Peter Church Minnewaukan, N.D., June 11, 1961"--Handwritten on slide.
Biography/HistoryBethania Lutheran Free Church was established in 1896, in the early 1900's a church was built and struck by lightning in 1916. In 1917 it was rebuilt on the same spot, 6 miles North of Manfred, N.D. In 1945 Bethania merged with Trinity Lutheran Church of Harvey, N.D. This church building was bought by another church for $1,000. It became St. Peter Church and moved to Minnewaukan, N.D. in November 1951.
St. Peter Lutheran Church is located at 121 C Ave. N. in Minnewaukan, ND 58351.
Repository InstitutionManfred Heritage Museum
Repository CollectionLester Burkum Slide Collection
Credit LineManfred Heritage Museum, Manfred, N.D. (S-1020)
Rights ManagementCopyright status unknown.
Ordering InformationManfred Heritage Museum
Visit the Manfred History and Preservation, Inc. website: - go to Guestbook.
Mailing address: Manfred History and Preservation Inc., PO Box 321, Harvey, N.D. 58341
Open May 1- September 30, on Tuesday- Saturday 10am-4pm.
When open, Museum phone number (701) 547-2564.
Manfred project historian, Audrey Solheim, e-mail address,
Winter phone numbers that are published in their newsletter for staff who could open the museum on special request are 701-547-3123, 701-324-2091, and Pam Norstedt at 701-324-2027.
GrantNHPRC SNAP Grant 2008-2009, NAR08-RC-10021-08
Digital IDdmS1020
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^