Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Eddy County Courthouse, New Rockford, N.D.
Eddy County Courthouse, New Rockford, N.D.
TitleEddy County Courthouse, New Rockford, N.D.
Date of Original1961-04-30
CreatorBurkum, Lester, 1912-2001
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionA side and front view of the Eddy County Courthouse that was built in 1899 in New Rockford, N.D. The base is made of stone, with two stories of brick, and a cupola on the roof over the main entrance. There is a car on the street in front of the courthouse, and a few buildings, probably houses in the background on the left.
General SubjectPolitics & Government
Subject (LCTGM)Buildings
Government facilities
Subject (LCSH)Building, Brick
Organization NameEddy County Courthouse (New Rockford, N.D.)
LocationNew Rockford (N.D.)
Eddy County (N.D.)
Item NumberS-159
Format of OriginalSlides
Color images
Dimensions of Original5 x 5 cm.
Transcription"Eddy County courthouse built in 1899, New Rockford, N.D. April 30, 1961"--Handwritten on slide.
Biography/HistoryEddy County was created March 31, 1885 from Foster County. The County seat is New Rockford, N.D.
The Eddy County Courthouse was added to the National Registry of Historical Places in 1985. It is located at 524 Central Ave., New Rockford. The architects, builders, or engineers are Moran, M.J. and Beebe, M.E.
Repository InstitutionManfred Heritage Museum
Repository CollectionLester Burkum Slide Collection
Credit LineManfred Heritage Museum, Manfred, N.D. (S-159)
Rights ManagementCopyright status unknown.
Ordering InformationManfred Heritage Museum
Visit the Manfred History and Preservation, Inc. website: - go to Guestbook.
Mailing address: Manfred History and Preservation Inc., PO Box 321, Harvey, N.D. 58341
Open May 1- September 30, on Tuesday- Saturday 10am-4pm.
When open, Museum phone number (701) 547-2564.
Manfred project historian, Audrey Solheim, e-mail address,
Winter phone numbers that are published in their newsletter for staff who could open the museum on special request are 701-547-3123, 701-324-2091, and Pam Norstedt at 701-324-2027.
GrantNHPRC SNAP Grant 2008-2009, NAR08-RC-10021-08
Digital IDdmS159
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^