|Title||Wimbledon Volunteer Fire Department, Wimbledon, N.D. |
|Date of Original||circa 1912 |
|Description||Members of the Wimbledon Volunteer Fire Department pose for a photograph in front of the fire house. The fire house is a wooden building with a small garage, and a bell tower. Three men are seated on two ladders leaning against the building. Two are holding lanterns and one is holding an ax. Other men are standing on the ground next to large hand pulled fire hose carts. A young boys stands on top of one of the carts. Four of the men are wearing helmets with the letters "WFD" painted on them. In the background a wooden church with a steeple is visible. |
|General Subject||Work Life|
City & Town Life
|Personal Name||Covey, Clifford|
More, J. L.
|Organization Name||Wimbledon (N.D.). Fire Dept.|
|Item Number||WM-2 |
|Format of Original||Photographic prints|
|Dimensions of Original||21 x 16 cm. |
|Transcription||"Wimbledon Volunteer Fire Dept."--Handwritten on front of photo. |
|Notes||Title written on photograph. |
|Biography/History||The fire department in Wimbledon was organized in 1900. The first equipment was purchased in from the Valley City Fire Department.
|Repository Institution||Wimbledon Community Museum|
|Credit Line||Wimbledon Community Museum (WM-2) |
|Rights Management||Copyright status unknown. |
Owned by Wimbledon Community Museum.
|Ordering Information||Wimbledon Community Museum |
PO Box 223
Wimbledon, ND 58492
|Grant||NHPRC SNAP Grant 2009-2010 NAR10-RC-10062-09 |
|Digital ID||dmWM2 |