Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Lutheran Hospital Association shares certificate
Lutheran Hospital Association shares certificate
TitleLutheran Hospital Association shares certificate
Date of Original1907
DescriptionA shares certificate documenting four shares at $25 in The Lutheran Hospital Association of Fargo, N.D. There is a decorative blue border, a gold seal of The Lutheran Hospital Association in the lower left corner, and an image of a lady with a bonnet on in blue and white in the upper left corner.
General SubjectHealth & Medicine
Business & Industry
Subject (LCTGM)Documents
Certificates
Seals (Insignia)
Organization NameSt. Luke's Hospital (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
Decade1900-1909
Item NumberS4975.5135.13
Format of OriginalStock certificates
Dimensions of Original26 x 31 cm.
Transcription"St. Luke's founders decided that in order to erect a building, it would necessary to sell $50, 000 worth of stock at $25 a share. Eight lots in Pashley's Addition were purchased for $2, 250. Hancock Brothers architects were hired to plan a 35-bed hospital. Johnson & Powers were given the $25, 994 construction contract"--Label affixed to back of certificate.
"Incorporated under the laws of the State of North Dakota. Shares Four. The Lutheran Hospital Association, Fargo, North Dakota. Capital Stock 50, 000, 000. This certifies that ______ is the owner of Four shares of Twenty-Five Dollars each of the Capital Stock of The Lutheran Hospital Association transferable only on the Books of the Corporation in person or by Attorney on surrender of this Certificate. In Witness Whereof, the duty authorized officers of the Corporation have hereto subscribed their names and caused the corporate Seal to be hereto affixed at Fargo, N.D. this 5 day of Apr A.D. 1907. Signed by the Secretary and President. Shares $25.00 each. The Lutheran Hospital Association Corporate Seal organized 1905, Fargo, North Dakota"--Stamped, printed, and written on the front of certificate.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryIn 1905, a group of Fargo, North Dakota physicians, druggists and pastors formed the Lutheran Hospital Association of Fargo for the purpose of planning and building a Lutheran hospital in the community. Construction began in 1907. The hospital, named St. Luke's was dedicated on February 25, 1908 as a 35 bed facility, and included a nursing school. The hospital facility was expanded in 1918 and again in 1946. It continued to expand and by 1986 St. Luke's had become part of the MeritCare Corporation.
Repository InstitutionCass County Historical Society
Repository CollectionCass County Historical Society Photography Collection 2070 (Institute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo)
Credit LineCass County Historical Society, Bonanzaville, West Fargo (S4975, 5135, Box 13)
Ordering Informationhttp://www.bonanzaville.org/main.php
(701) 282-2822
Cass County Historical Society
1351 West Main Ave.
West Fargo, ND 58078
GrantNHPRC SNAP Grant 2008-2009, NAR08-RC-10021-08
Digital IDdm117
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^