Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
St. Stanislaus Catholic Church, Warsaw, N.D.
St. Stanislaus Catholic Church, Warsaw, N.D.
TitleSt. Stanislaus Catholic Church, Warsaw, N.D.
Date of Originalbetween 1900 and 1910?
DescriptionPictured here is the St. Stanislaus Catholic Church of Warsaw, N.D. The church has two large steeples, and was constructed out of brick. Stairs lead up to a large white porch at the front entrance and a fence surrounds the church. Stain glass windows are also visible.
General SubjectReligion
Pioneer Era
Subject (LCTGM)Catholic churches
Steeples
Stairways
Fences
Windows
Snow
Stained glass
Subject (AAT)Gothic Revival
Organization NameSt. Stanislaus Catholic Church (Warsaw, N.D.)
LocationWalsh County (N.D.)
Warsaw (N.D.)
Decade1900-1909
1910-1919
Item NumberWC-05
Format of OriginalCopy photographic prints
Dimensions of Original17 x 27 cm
Transcription"St. Stanslaus Catholic Church, Warsaw N.Dak. Cost $50, 000.00" –Printed on front of photograph.
NotesTitle created by staff.
Photographer unknown.
Photograph is a copy.
Biography/HistoryThe church is named for St. Stanislaus, a Polish bishop and martyr. It was completed in 1901 under Father Gawlowicz. Most of the bricks came from Grand Forks, ND on the railroad to Minto, ND. The bricks were then brought to Warsaw, ND by wagon. St. Stanislaus Church cost $50,000 to construct. Just under 4,000 people watched the dedication of the church by Bishop John Stanley in July of 1901.
Bibliographic ReferenceWalsh County Historical Society. Walsh Heritage: A Story of Walsh County and Its Pioneers. (Grafton, ND: Associated Printers, 1976), 315-316.
Repository InstitutionWalsh County Historical Museum of Minto
Repository CollectionWalsh County Historical Museum of Minto Photograph Collection
Credit LineWalsh County Historical Museum (WC-05)
Rights ManagementCopyright transferred to Walsh County Historical Museum.
Ordering InformationWalsh County Historical Museum
323 3rd St.
Minto, ND 58261
(701) 248-3237
GrantNHPRC SNAP Grant 2009-2010 NAR10-RC-10062-09
Digital IDdmWC05
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^