|Title||Picnic, Williston Research Extension Center, Williston, North Dakota |
|Date of Original||1912 |
|Description||Picnickers at the Williston Sub-Station, all facing toward the farmhouse. Some individuals are sitting, others standing and a few are in chairs. Man appears to be speaking on covered platform to crowd, with some holding umbrellas. |
|Ordering Information||Consult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services |
|Organization Name||North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (Fargo). Williston Branch|
Williston Research Extension Center
Williams County (N.D.)
|Negative Number||GPN 364 |
|Format of Original||Glass negatives|
|Dimensions of Original||13 x 18 cm. |
|Publisher of Original||North Dakota Agricultural College (Fargo, N.D.)|
|Place of Publication||Fargo (N.D.)|
|Transcription||"Picnic Williston Sub-Station 1912" |
Title supplied by staff.
|Biography/History||Originally a North Dakota Agricultural Sub-Experiment Station, the Williston Research Extension Center, was established on March 13, 1907 and located north-east of Williston. Initially consisting of 160 acres, in 1953 the North Dakota Legislature allowed relocation of the Station (with the sale of 80 acres). The remaining 80 acres became the site of Williston State College. The sale of the 80 acres generated revenue to purchases an additional 640 acres, including the building of numerous structures and site improvements.|
In 1985 the legislature permitted purchase of an additional 160 acres of land and in 1989 changed the name to Williston Research Center, which was later amended to Williston Research Extension Center.
Since 1994 the Williston Research Extension Center and the Eastern Agricultural Research Center in Sidney, MT (Montana State University) have collaborated on many projects and share the same director.
As per the March 11, 2009 issue of "It's Happening at State, "The advisory boards of Montana State University's Eastern Agricultural Research Center in Sidney and NDSU's Williston Research Extension Center have merged. Combined, the research centers serve more than 30 million acres in the two states and will provide applied research on any crop growth in the region." P. 2
|Repository Institution||North Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives|
|Repository Collection||NDSU University Archives Glass Negative Collection|
|Credit Line||University Archives, NDSU, Fargo (GPN 364) |
|Rights Management||Copyright held by the University Archives. |
|Digital ID||ua000566 |
|Original Source||glass negative |