Bishop Whipple Hall was purchased in 1891 for $10,000 and originally termed the "Main Building." As the first structure at Concordia College, it was used for office, classroom, and dormitory space. The structure was remodeled in 1921, 1954, and 1958 and was also named Ladies' Hall and Grose Hall at points in its history. The structure was renamed Bishop Whipple Hall in 1963.
The basement of Grose Hall was built in 1892 to house the kitchen and heating plant and was completed in 1921. The structure has been used for library, classroom, office, and dormitory space and was remodeled in 1962 and 1979.
The first floor of Academy Hall was completed in 1892 with the remaining floors being finished in 1893. From 1892 to 1944, the structure served as a men's dormitory. In 1944, the structure was named "South Hall" and served as a women's dormitory until 1962.