A program for the ground breaking ceremony for the new Bismarck Junior College Capitol Campus in Bismarck, North Dakota. The program contains the order of events, a list of faculty, staff, and special contributors, and a short history of the College.
Bismarck Junior College was originally located on the 3rd floor of Bismarck High School (1939-spring 1955). The new general purpose building made it the only junior college located on capitol grounds. It was assumed it would remain near the capitol, but due to a rising student population it was moved to its current location in 1960. The land for the campus was donated by Harold Schafer, giving it the name Schafer Heights.