A brochure for the new Bismarck Junior College Building on the State Capitol grounds. Contains information about the new building, the types of courses offered at the college, a list of college faculty and staff, and the history of the school.
Bismarck Junior College was originally located on the 3rd floor of Bismarck High School (1939-spring 1955). The new general purpose building made it the only junior college located on capitol grounds. It was assumed it would remain near the capitol, but due to a rising student population it was moved to its current location in 1960. The land for the campus was donated by Harold Schafer, giving it the name Schafer Heights.